Friday, October 29, 2010

Release Your Inner Loser!

I'm still on one of my reading rants as learning something new each and every day and reading is simply a part of my everyday life and a natural habit!  Not to mention that there are a lot of people in the world who have great, insightful things to say that can be applied to anyone's business or life in general.  I was reading a post by Chris Owen today who went from a farm boy, to a soldier, to a business man!  I don't personally know him, nor am I able to endorse him, but he did write a great inspirational article called "Release Your Inner Loser" which I think is a must read for everyone.  For whatever reasons, we have all given excuses at some point in time; some people are full of excuses everyday, all day.  The article is cute yet motivational so I'm posting it!

Release Your Inner Loser

by Chris Owen on September 20, 2010

Excuses…Excuses…Excuses

We all have ‘em. The loser in us just trying to break free to the surface.
  • I just don’t have the time to work a business…
  • I don’t know enough about computers to be successful online…
  • I’m not good at talking to people…
  • I don’t think I can learn this stuff…
This list can go on for miles. These are just a few of the excuses people use to justify not being successful with online business.
Robert Kiyosaki said it best…

“Excuses are the words coming from the loser in you”


Problem is, excuses are a part of all our lives. I’d be willing to bet, if I counted, I’d use at least 30 excuses throughout my day to justify my inner loser.
Today, I say let’s kick our inner loser in the pants and drop the excuses.
I have a friend that was telling me one day he wished he could make the money I do online. Obviously my response was “Why don’t you?” His reply was one that I’ve heard too many times. “I just don’t have the time”.
I dropped the subject and took a look around. His yard was a masterpiece. It’s like a freak’n 3 acre golf course manicured piece of art. From the tree’s that I don’t know the name of, to the custom landscaped goldfish ponds, it is immaculate.
I asked him how long it takes him to keep this thing up. “Oh about an hour or two a day, and then 4 hours every Saturday”.
“Really” I said. “How much money does it make you?”

How much money you make is more about priority than anything else

If you truly desire to make more money you will. If you just “wish you could” the loser in you is holding you down. Now I’m not saying you should lose your car in the grass, but really, if your spending more than 10 hours a week making your yard immaculate but you can barely afford the fertilizer, your priorities are out of whack.

Put that time and focus into making a better, stronger income stream and when you quit your day job spend all the time you want turning your front yard into a golf course.
It really is that simple. I know plenty of people come online and join a sponsor that is totally useless, leaving them to fend for themselves and try and learn everything on their own. Even with that, you can find enough info digging through my old blog posts to get off to a great start.

The Point Is, Do Something!

There simply is too much information out there to not be successful. My first online marketing sponsor forgot my name the second I payed my sign-up fee. I still went on to make thousands with that company before moving on to something that fit me better. I did so by not quitting, taking a few risks and stepping out of my comfort zone.
Think about this…
This was my pastors message Sunday: Imagine you are driving down the highway in the pouring rain. You pass by a woman trying to change a flat tire. You feel a concern for her, but you are already running late and can’t show up for your meeting soaked from the storm.
Now, what if you feel more than concern for this woman. What if you feel a burden to help her. Do you know the difference? If you feel a burden you will stop, change the tire and hope they understand at the meeting.
That is the mindset you need to be successful with your business. If you are just concerned about making more money, the loser in you will most likely prevail and you’ll never take action. But if you set your mindset to be burdened by your lack of security, uncertain retirement or whatever your money troubles or desires may be… You will take action.
If you don’t believe something is possible, you’ll never take action. Only make excuses. You’ll bask in the light of the dream while you live in the misery of the moment.
Believe in yourself, take action and work today for a better tomorrow.
Chris Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Join the Proven Profit Newsletter to Receive the Proven Proft Potential Report




by Express Email Marketing